Monday, July 10, 2017

Frozen, Part 1

Which is easier?  Single, FWB, or Boyfriend?

So here I am, over three and a half years after divorce. After a 9 month sex free hiatus, I decided I wasn't going to have time for a boyfriend anytime soon, and I should just get myself a more 'casual' type situation. You know, casual... winky winky.

Now I have tried this before but that was too soon after my divorce and it ended with me getting clingy and heartbroken anyways. But after 9 months I figured I was ready.

Why not a boyfriend? Well honestly, I'm not sure I am emotionally strong enough to keep myself from turning into that needy, self loathing woman I was in my marriage. I have worked really hard to love and respect myself for the first time in my life, and I sure as hell am not going back to being that woman.

So I finally took the chance and placed a Craigslist ad. Now before you say, "ewwww, gross!" Craigslist isn't like it used to be (nothing but ads from truckers passing through town).  It is a pretty legit way these days of finding just about every type of, well, arrangement you might be looking for. And after listening to several podcasts from Billy Procida, I decided to take a chance.

It was a long ad. It was specific. I wanted to make sure readers knew what I wanted and what I didn't want. Well right off the bat it gets flagged. Twice. Both times after placing it under Casual Encounters. So I tried Woman for Man. That lasted longer but was flagged again after two hours. So I found an online forum made for asking questions about flagging. I posted my ad and asked why it had been flagged. What rule had I broken? Turns out, I hadn't broken any. The first commentor gave me a list of 'helpful' suggestions to make my ad better, that basically boiled down to, quit being such a bossy bitch. After a couple back and forths, I finally told them, I'm not going to water down my ad to cater to insecure men.

So I reposted under Woman for Man again, since it had resulted in about 20 responses before it was flagged the first time. I didn't change anything but I added, at the bottom (and I summarize): To the fuckwads that keep flagging my post, if you don't like women that state what they want and how they want it, you can kiss my curvy (because that was one of the terms they didn't like) ass and move the fuck on. Interestingly, it wasn't flagged again. I finally took it down myself after getting about 50 responses.

So what kind of responses did I get, and is finding and keeping a FWB really easier than a boyfriend? Well stay tuned (do people still use that term?) and find out.

Frozen, Part 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pause

Three and a half years ago I did something for the first time in my career. I took a job that would be easy. There have been lots of challen...